We are dedicated to ensuring that your purchase experience is a seamless one. We understand that as an out-of-town client you will have questions about your purchase, so we have compiled a list of answers to our most common questions below. If you would like additional clarification on Hyundai of Muskoka’s Out-of-Town Buyers program, one of our Sales staff would be happy to help you. We will ensure that your needs are not only met, but exceeded every time.
At Hyundai of Muskoka, we believe that transparency is essential when buying a vehicle. It is particularly important when you are purchasing a vehicle from out of town and you will not be able to come in to physically see your vehicle. To help make the process as smooth as possible, we provide our out-of-town buyers with a thorough mechanical report, comprehensive vehicle history reports, and full disclosure at every point of the process.
If we sell you a vehicle and you live outside of Ontario in a non-PST (provincial sales tax) province, you won’t have to pay provincial tax if the following criteria are met:
- You complete and signs a certificate of exemption for purchasing a vehicle outside the province.
- We’re responsible for obtaining the necessary documents to ensure that the individual purchasing a vehicle is not an Ontario Resident. Two pieces of acceptable ID are required and can by any two of the following:
- Out-of-province Driver’s License
- Out-of-province Medical Plan Card
- Current utility bill showing address of service
- Vehicle registration (we cannot accept vehicle registration and driver’s license together as this does not prove residency)
NOTE: Items including credit cards, Social Insurance cards or birth certificates are not acceptable as identification.
If the purchaser resides in a province with PST, only 5% GST will be charged by our dealership if you are able to provide the above documentation. Applicable PST for your province must be paid at the time of vehicle registration.
There are two options for residents of provinces with HST such as Ontario:
- Charge 5% GST, with any additional tax due at the time that the customer registers a vehicle in their province.
- Charge the applicable HST rate for the customer’s province up front.
TRADING IN A VEHICLE
Out-of-town clients still benefit from the tax savings you get when trading a vehicle in. We’ll do a full market evaluation of your vehicle and provide you with a competitive value. You can also arrange to have your trade-in shipped to us via our Shipping Department.
Want to get started?
Many Hyundai of Muskoka clients choose to have us ship their vehicle, and we have a number of trusted partners that will ensure your vehicle arrives in a safe and timely manner. We’ll keep you informed through the entire process and ensure that it arrives in the same condition as it left. We’ll do everything in our power to ensure you are completely satisfied. Contact us for details and quotes on shipping prices for your province. Prices will vary depending on the size and type of vehicle you will be shipping.
Hyundai of Muskoka works with a wide range of financial institutions to help you secure the best financing options whenever they’re available. Visit our Finance page to apply for credit online and one of our representatives will contact you.